- Drinking enough water is key to keeping your skin healthy. Water is great for increasing blood flow and reducing toxins.
- Sleep doesn’t just refresh your body and mind – it also helps to replenish your skin.
- Thorough exfoliation is beneficial to get ride of dead skin.
- Super-tight, dry skin isn’t a sign your skin is clean; rather, that feeling usually means that you’ve stripped your skin of important oils.
- Regular exercise can increase toxin removal in your skin and help you look younger by boosting collagen production while diminishing wrinkles.
- Myth: You don’t need sunscreen on a cloudy day. Even on a cloudy day, UV radiation from the sun reaches the earth’s surface.
- Hot water helps loosen oil and makeup within your pores, which allows for better cleaning.
At Island Plastic Surgery , we use only the finest in skin care, such as Obagi®, PREVAGE® MD and MD Skin Care®. These products go beyond traditional treatments, working at the cellular level to restore your dermal health and help you achieve smoother, younger-looking and more vibrant skin. Our skin care professionals work to identify which product is best for you. We then use these innovative new product lines in conjunction with our state-of-the-art skin care services to help your skin regain its youthful glow. Our experience and expertise has enhanced the appearance of individuals in and around Long Island, including men and women from New Rochelle, Yonkers and Hempstead, NY, and Greenwich, CT.