Here at Island Plastic Surgery, the Coolsculpting procedure remains our number one chosen method for taking care of those stubborn, unsightly fat bulges. It’s the only FDA approved, non-surgical fat reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate fat cells for good.
If you’re considering undergoing a Coolsculpting procedure, here are five important treatment facts you must know.
- Coolsculpting is completely non-invasive. Forget surgical fat-removal solutions like liposuction. With Coolsculpting, just freeze away stubborn fat with only one, one hour body contouring treatment. Best of all — it requires no down time.
- The treatment is most effective in three areas. Coolsculpting takes care of the three most common problem areas. Banish unwanted fat from your abdomen, flanks or love handles, and thighs with ease.
- Diet and exercise resistant fat doesn’t stand a chance. As it’s name suggests, this revolutionary treatment uses extreme cold applications to kill off stubborn fat cells and eliminate them from the body once and for all.
- Coolsculpting is precisely targeted. Each treatment is specially targeted to attack only the area you wish to enhance. The non-invasive applicators will only deliver cooling to the desired area, leaving your skin’s surface and surrounding tissues untouched.
- Results are rapid and long-lasting. After your procedure you can begin to see results as early as 3 weeks from the date of treatment, with results peaking 1 to 3 months afterward. Most patients see a decrease of between 20-25% after the procedure.
Remember, while the effects Coolsculpting has on current fat cells are permanent, it’s up to you to maintain a healthy lifestyle to avoid new ones from forming.
If you’ve got noticeable bulges on areas of your body that you’d like to tone down and get rid of, call Island Plastic Surgery at 516-977-9922 to book your Coolsculpting consultation today.
Tattoos are in right now, and we don’t just mean those featured on the hit TV show Ink Master ! Many women are turning to tattoos to help simplify their makeup routine, and studies show it’s worth it. If you’re always filling in your eyebrows or wear eyeliner everyday, semi-permanent makeup is a great option. The cost is fair, and results last between one and three years, so you don’t have to fear the commitment!
If you’re looking to improve your overall aesthetics, here are a few more treatment options that are definitely worth the investment:
Cellulite Removal – While effects differ from person to person, developing cellulite is generally unavoidable. For that reason, we recommend investing in a cellulite removal treatment — but not just any treatment, the Cellfina System. Cellfina is “the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive procedure clinically proven to produce long term improvement in the appearance of cellulite.” It’s fast, and efficient results are what makes this procedure worth every dime.
Laser Hair Removal – Shaving can be a bother, especially if you’re a person who’s particularly prone to fast, thick growing hair. Cue the laser hair removal alternative! Treatments can be performed on a wide variety of areas, from the legs and underarms, to the upper lip, bikini, face and more. Not only is laser hair removal convenient and affordable, but it can also help boost your self-esteem!
Fillers & Injectables – Going under the knife for a facelift or nose job can certainly be nerve wracking. However, with fillers and injectables, you can sometimes achieve similar results without the surgery. Popular treatments like Botox or Ultherapy work to firm and tighten skin on the neck and face, with little downtime required. Some patients have even been able to use these treatments to mimic the results of a nose job, cheek lift or jawline augmentation.
Interested in learning more about how you can improve your complexion and make your beauty routine a bit more low maintenance? Dr. Gallagher and the team at Island Plastic Surgery have the answers.
Even if you exfoliate, moisturize, and apply collagen preserving serums every day, you may still be putting yourself at risk for developing wrinkles . Confused? Allow us to explain:
- Chewing gum. While it may freshen up your breath, chewing gum often breeds wrinkles around the corners of the mouth. Think about how much worth those muscles must do to continuously chew for hours on end! Our suggestions? Switch to mints and mouthwash.
- Sleeping on your stomach. Cozying up to your pillow face-first might be comfy, but it sure does cause your face to crease. If you absolutely must sleep on your stomach, upgrade to a copper pillowcase, which helps to smooth out skin.
- Skipping sunscreen. It’s only natural to want that sunkissed glow in the summer, but letting your skin soak in the sun unprotected can have damaging effects. Make sure to apply a broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 each day.
- Having a sweet tooth. Sugary treats are delicious, but is indulging often really worth your smooth, wrinkle-free skin? Too much sugar can produce harmful molecules in your blood that damage collagen and elastin, resulting in a looser, wrinkle-prone complexion.
- Using your smart phone. That’s right! Technology’s must-have item can cause you grief in more ways than one — and we’re not just talking about frown lines from work emails. Craning your neck to look at your smartphone can increase your chances of developing pesky neck wrinkles, plus it can cause neck pain.
Are you already battling these unfortunate effects of aging and wish there was more you could do to make them disappear? Cue Island Plastic Surgery and our wide range of skincare services! Dr. Gallagher and the team will help you personalize your treatment plan to help get your skin back to looking it’s best!