Even if you exfoliate, moisturize, and apply collagen preserving serums every day, you may still be putting yourself at risk for developing wrinkles . Confused? Allow us to explain:
- Chewing gum. While it may freshen up your breath, chewing gum often breeds wrinkles around the corners of the mouth. Think about how much worth those muscles must do to continuously chew for hours on end! Our suggestions? Switch to mints and mouthwash.
- Sleeping on your stomach. Cozying up to your pillow face-first might be comfy, but it sure does cause your face to crease. If you absolutely must sleep on your stomach, upgrade to a copper pillowcase, which helps to smooth out skin.
- Skipping sunscreen. It’s only natural to want that sunkissed glow in the summer, but letting your skin soak in the sun unprotected can have damaging effects. Make sure to apply a broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 each day.
- Having a sweet tooth. Sugary treats are delicious, but is indulging often really worth your smooth, wrinkle-free skin? Too much sugar can produce harmful molecules in your blood that damage collagen and elastin, resulting in a looser, wrinkle-prone complexion.
- Using your smart phone. That’s right! Technology’s must-have item can cause you grief in more ways than one — and we’re not just talking about frown lines from work emails. Craning your neck to look at your smartphone can increase your chances of developing pesky neck wrinkles, plus it can cause neck pain.
Are you already battling these unfortunate effects of aging and wish there was more you could do to make them disappear? Cue Island Plastic Surgery and our wide range of skincare services! Dr. Gallagher and the team will help you personalize your treatment plan to help get your skin back to looking it’s best!