Thought plastic surgery was just trending among women? Think again! More men are looking to plastic surgery to improve their image and boost their confidence than ever before. Just what kinds of procedures are they getting you ask? We’ve listed the top five most popular for you below:
- Liposuction – “Dad bods” be gone! While some men are embracing the “dad bod” trend, many are turning to liposuction to contour and reshape their bellies to help shed those extra pounds.
- Rhinoplasty – Just like women, it’s not uncommon for men to be dissatisfied with their facial features. Nose surgery has helped many men feel confident, knowing that each of their features is perfectly in-proportion to the next.
- Chin Augmentation – On the same order as rhinoplasty, many men are desire a more proportionate, symmetrical look. By either using an implant or repositioning the jaw bone, men are able to achieve a more strong, masculine jaw line.
- Neck & Eye Lifts – Men are saying sayonara to sagging skin and wrinkles. Eyelid rejuvenation and neck lifts have been gaining popularity — by way of both injectables and surgical solutions.
- Male Breast Reduction – Women aren’t the only one’s who deal with the hormonal imbalance effects of aging. Men can develop gynecomastia, a condition that causes breast tissue to enlarge. While diet and exercise can help, the only tried and true way to see results is with plastic surgery.
No matter what results you, or the man in you life is hoping to achieve, we can help you select the perfect procedure.
Sure there are plenty of great plastic surgery procedures that create drastic and eye-catching results, but if subtly is what you’re after don’t be discouraged! There are plenty of ways to fine-tune your appearance and boost your confidence without shouting it out to the world. These seven simple plastic surgery procedures are proof:
- Enlarge Your Eyes: Botox can work more wonders than one. Move over wrinkles, and make room for beautiful, bold eyes. A simple injection into the corners of the eyes can make them appear larger and more well-rested.
- Tighten Your Jawline: Botox is back at it again, defining jawlines without all the effort involved with contouring. A small injection can fine tune jaw muscles and even help manage TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder) pain!
- Banish Dark Circles: Say goodbye to tired eyes! The popular filler Juvederm can be used to lessen the appearance of dark undereye bags for up to a year before retreating.
- Sharpen Your Smile: Teeth whitening isn’t the only way to make your smile irresistible. A little bit of Botox can keep the corners of your mouth from turning down, keeping your pout plump and friendly at all times.
- Fix Your Nose: Before you go under the knife for an all out rhinoplasty procedure, consider turning to fillers and injectables instead. Many patients have found great results by using these to correct small bumps.
- Smooth Your Skin: Everyone has a little extra baggage they’d rather do away with and perhaps some cellulite to match, no matter how much they workout. If you’re looking to tone up, a Cellfina or CoolSculpting session might be just the thing. — The best part? No down time!
- Lift or Enlarge in Proportion: Just because you’ve seen celebrities with drastic breast augmentation results, doesn’t mean your procedure has to follow suit. In fact, many women opt for a very slight and natural look for a less obvious boost.
Looking to put some finishing touches on your appearance? Look no further than Island Plastic Surgery . With more than 25 years of experience in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, Dr. Pamela Gallagher can help you decide on the procedure that’s right for you.
Being a mom is hard work — from pregnancy and sleepless nights with newborns, to cooking, cleaning, acting as a taxi, and everything in between! As a mother, your body sure takes a beating, making it difficult to maintain that youthful, confident hourglass shape you once flaunted years ago. That’s where Mommy Makeovers come in! If you’re considering whether one is right for you, ask yourself these questions to decide:
Have your breasts lost their shape?
It’s not uncommon for women to complain about sagging, enlarged or misshapen breasts following pregnancy. While pregnant, and thereafter, the breasts will enlarge in order to produce milk for the newborn. Once breastfeeding has ended and the breasts have gone back to their normal size, the skin is not always able to return from it’s stretched out state. A breast lift and/or augmentation can help reshape the breasts and correct residual sagging.
Does your abdomen bare stretch marks?
As you know, the breasts are not the only thing that enlarged during pregnancy. How can we forget about those beautiful baby bumps! As the body abdomen expands to make room for the baby, stretch marks often form in the wake. While many women are able to tighten and tone up with a good exercise routine, completely eliminating the stretched and sagging skin is only possible with a tummy tuck and/or liposuction treatment.
Has your booty lost its bounce?
You may not notice it at first, but as your body’s shape changes to prepare for pregnancy, so does your booty! Not only that, but as a mother let’s face it — there’s little free time left in the day to hit the gym and work on those squats. Well, a Brazilian butt lift might be the answer. Using a combination of skin grafting, liposculpting and in certain cases, prosthesis, you’ll be ready to flaunt it all in a bikini again in no time.
Think a Mommy Makeover is in your future? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Gallagher today!