Eyelid Surgery on Long Island
Large, bright eyes can enliven your face, allowing you to appear less harsh, softer, more radiant and engaging to others you meet. With the option for eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, you can ensure that your eyes stay bright and aren’t impeded by the drooping, dullness, or lines that can be a result of age or heredity.
Experienced and Trusted Plastic Surgeons
When you book a consultation at Island Plastic Surgery, you know that you are in good hands. Our staff has years of experience and is the team behind positive outcomes for hundreds of other patients. In fact, the practice is a preferred place for community members looking to improve their appearance. We know what to recommend for patients to help them to look their best, how to combine surgeries with other procedures for maximum benefit, and how to help patients through the recovery process so that healing is fast, easy and helps patients return to work and life as quickly as possible.
Our skilled and experienced plastic surgeon can perform surgery on upper eyelids or lower eyelids with dramatic and natural results that shave years from your appearance and add a youthful radiance to your face. These procedures can be performed alone, in conjunction with each other, or at the same time as other plastic surgery procedures such as a face lift or mini face lift. Many eyelid procedures can be done under local anesthesia in the office with little to no discomfort.
Eyelid Surgery can be a simple way to achieve a younger looking appearance and allow the years to fade away. The surgery works by firming the skin around the eyes, removing bags, and correcting drooping eyelids.
We love to help people look and feel more confident, vibrant, and youthful. Addressing specific areas of aging in and around your eyes can go a long way toward achieving this goal. In more than two decades of experience with this surgery, we have found that our patients consider eyelid surgery for any number of reasons. These include:
- Loose or saggy skin that creates folds or wrinkles on the upper eyelid
- Impaired vision from sagging upper eyelids
- Excess fat that makes upper eyelids look puffy or tired
- Bags under the eyes that can contribute to a “drained look”
- Sagging of the lower eyelids, showing the white of the eye
- Fine wrinkles and extra, unnecessary skin on the lower eyelid
Our staff has the experience and talent to address all these reasons and help you become the most radiant version of yourself.
Eyelid Surgery Can Brighten Your Appearance
With over 25 years of experience, board-certified Dr. Pamela Gallagher is skilled and experienced with both upper and lower eyelid surgery. All surgeries are customized for each patient’s optimal outcome. Each type of surgery is performed a little bit differently:
- For upper eyelid surgery, the incision is made in the creases of the upper lids, and fat underneath the muscle is removed.
- For lower eyelid surgery, the incision is made just below the lashes, either inside or outside the eyelid, to remove fat and excess skin.
- If you have laughter lines, or “crow’s feet” you would also like removed, the incision may extend past the outer corners of your eyes.
- Because the eyelid area heals so well, properly placed incisions commonly become almost invisible.
If you are considering eyelid surgery as an option for you, contact Island Plastic Surgery today for a consultation!