Rhinoplasty Surgery on Long Island
One of the most noticeable areas of your face can often be your nose. Because it is so visible, it’s easy to notice how it could be altered to improve your appearance. Would you like it to be smaller? Obtain less of an upturn? Change the contour of your nose bridge or the shape of your nostrils? Smooth or remove a sharply pointed tip? We can help.
The same process that can improve your appearance is also used for medical reasons. It can correct birth defects, correct damage from an accident, or help relieve breathing problems due to a deviated septum. Don’t be hard on yourself every time you look in the mirror or let unpleasant medical symptoms linger; take a step to do something about it. Rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, can enhance your appearance and help you feel great.
Why Nose Surgery?
Ranging from reconstructive reasons to cosmetic ones, you may have many goals when considering rhinoplasty surgery. With more than two decades of experience in the plastic surgery field, our team of medical professionals can help with all of them.
Here are examples of some of the issues our patients have asked for us to address through rhinoplasty nose surgery:
- They feel that their noses are too thin, too wide, too long, too short, or too pointed.
- They want to correct a hanging tip.
- They want to lessen the appearance of wide nostrils.
- They want to breathe better.
- They want to sleep more deeply.
- They want to smooth out a bump or alter the appearance of the bridge of their nose
Our surgeon is skilled and experienced with rhinoplasty surgery and can bring about the various results that patients may be looking to achieve. We can guide patients through the recovery process so that, as a team, we work together to choose options beforehand to bring about the best result. We also direct you through the delicate, important recovery time after your procedure so that the surgical area heals as quickly and cleanly as possible. The steps below are often included as part of many surgeries:
- Incisions are made inside the nostrils.
- Incisions are sometimes made on the thin piece of skin separating the nostrils.
- The bone in the nose is reset, and the cartilage is sculpted to achieve the desired appearance.
- Implants can also be an option to increase the volume of tissue. Once the sculpting is done and the incisions are closed and the skin over the nose is held together with a splint to support a new shape.
- Healing takes place over a series of days, and we will help guide you through this process.
Are you considering nose surgery as an option? Contact us today to schedule your consultation!